So when I first purchased my computer I was determined to work at home. I discovered transcribing and thought it would be a great way to earn income. I was so excited about it, I was even going to go to school and do medical transcription. So I did my research and came across Rev. I did the test and passed, I was ready to work. I worked for about a month before I quit.
Here is why I liked the work:
- It was good pay.
- Some of the work was quick.
- As soon as you did the work the money went into your Rev account.
- You was paid weekly so your money could build up.
All good right, well here’s why I didn’t like it:
- It was the same work, over and over again.
- It would take me 30 min to do a 2 min conversation for $1.
- I didn’t have the time nor the “quiet” space.
- Other people on Rev would grade you, very inconsistent.
- You had to meet certain standards in a certain amount of time.
So for those reasons, it was too much work for little pay. I have a 4 year old that loves to talk, so I was constantly having to take off my headphones. For other moms, they may love it, for me, not so good. That’s when I had to find other ways to make money. Everything is a trial and error, so when you find something you love doing, just do it.